Since before World War II, virtually every ship in the United States Navy has set sail with Blackmer pumps aboard. Dependable uptime in demanding pump operations is mandatory for the branches of the U.S. military as it protects lives and the national interest both home and abroad. Whether it’s pumping jet fuel, circulating lube oil, fighting fires or emptying bilge tanks, downtime cannot be tolerated. Blackmer’s vane and centrifugal pumps handle the transfer, circulation, stripping, loading and unloading of a variety of fluids in military and marine appliations.
• AFFF concentrate
• Bilge water
• Lube oil
Features & Benefits
• Vital component for aboard-ship firefighting
• Skid-mounted and trailer-mounted refueling units for jet and ground-equipment refueling
• Designed for high volume transfer of non-corrosive liquids ranging in viscosity from thin solvents to heavy oils and molasses
• High suction lift capabilities enable pumps to strip tanks and barges clean
• Excellent self-priming and dry-run capabilities
• Unique sliding vane pump design self-adjusts for wear to maintain flow rates
• Replaceable casing liners and end discs that allow easy rebuilding of the pumping chamber to like-new condition without removing the pump from the piping
• Easy maintenance
• Maximum bearing life
• Minimum contamination risk
• Maximum reliability
• Ductile iron construction with bolt-on internal relief valve (HXL Sliding Vane)
• Operating speeds: Up to 350 rpm
• Sizes: From 1.25 in. to 10 in.
• Temperatures to 149° C (300° F)
• Viscosities to 30,000 SSU
• Ductile iron pumps can be powered with a standard electric motor or diesel engine through a commercial gear reducer.